Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rose water!!! Please read, then try, then be amazed!!!!

I couldn't wait to get home from Manchester where I seen Beady Eye to write this blog.

After reading Rose Water was good for your skin I ransacked my local supermarket and bought the only type they sell, Star Kay White Rose Water. I was quite disheartened to find the only product they sold was 50% alcohol but as it was all i could get i bought it anyway. It is supposed to be used as a food flavouring agent.

Rose Water is good for your skin in numerous way.

* toner

* moisturiser

* gives a glowing dewy appearance

* Anti ageing 

* Anti inflammatory 

* Some people claim it reduces damage caused by the sun

* Reduces redness

* Reduces blemishes

* Tightens pores



I came home and researched it online to see if my alcohol rose water potion was just going to waste away on my shelf or if there was actually something i could do with it.

I found that on a few forums people were actually recommending the alcohol one for oily or combination skin so i immediately slapped it on my face.
The first thing that struck me was the smell, it smells really amazing, like a rose garden.
The second was that it was slightly oily for an alcohol based product. The ingredients are 
Alcohol (50% by volume),Propylene Glycol (Humectant) ,Natural Rose Oil (<1% by volume) so it does contain oil.
I applied my make up over the top as normal and it went on really smoothly, I was slightly worried that my make up would slide off but it never.

Today is my 4th day using it and oh my god, what a difference to my skin this has made!!!

I said earlier i had been to see Beady Eye, Liam Gallaghers band, well I was lucky enough to nab front row, I was worried being surrounded by loads of sweaty boys that my make up would be running down my top, especially after two hours. 




But it didn't!! My foundation (Pixi Beauty Fluid) stayed in place, it didn't budge, I was amazed. My skin felt clean still and when I got in and took it off with make up wipes it glided off easier and I could still smell the rose aroma.

I am so impressed with this product I will be ordering pure Rose Water online to see if this has the same or better effect, even though my skin feels moisturised and dry I'm a little concerned about the alcohol content, however I will keep using this till the other turns up and if it doesn't work out i will switch back to this.

It's a miracle product for me so far. 10/10 and its cheap, £3.99 from Tesco. 

No comments:

Post a Comment