Monday, June 17, 2013

Experimenting

Well, I recently visited a spa in Belfast, Galgorm Resort & Spa, (go, seriously go!!!) the spa has changed my life. I have new found faith in the power of beauty products. Whether they be homemade or over the counter, I firmly believe you CAN change your hair and skin to be silky smooth, glowing and flawless.
 As soon as i got home yesterday I tucked myself away in a corner and trawled the Internet for externally applied beauty recipes. I found like a gazillion of them.
 I started with recipes that i already had in the house. I decided on an olive oil, honey & lavender essential oil salt scrub. Easy!

I used an old Disaronno bottle to store it. 

Directions; 

*use a funnel to pour in normal table salt

*add about 10 drops of your preferred essential oil (depending on how much you make)

*shake it!!! Then pour in olive oil so that the mixture runny enough to come out the bottle but not watery.

*Then squeeze in some honey, I used organic clear honey.

*shake it!!! And you're done! 

It's that easy, it's that cheap & it smells amazing.


After i had my mixture ready i ran a bath and added a few drops of the lavender oil for extra relaxation. 

The results were amazing. My skin is normal with a small amount of dry skin on my shins. The scrub removed rough parts of my skin whilst the oil moisturised and restored any extra dryness caused by the salt. 

I wanted to know exactly how much of a difference this had made so i kept my experiment to myself and didnt tell my boyfriend Chris to see if he noticed anything.
After drying and dressing i went downstairs and laid my legs across him. His first comment was that i smelled really nice 'like flowers and stuff' were his exact words. His second comment was ' your legs are dead smooth' i see this as a huge result, Chris isn't the type of person to recognise skin changes, he is an avid smeller though so i give this homemade scrub 10/10 
It wasnt messy to make, it wasnt hard to make, it was cheap and smells great. I won't buy a salt scrub ever again, not when I can make my own, know exactly whats in it and get the same if not better results! 

Try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment