Thursday, June 20, 2013

Almond oil! Skin, hair, wrinkles, dark circles the list is endless but does it work?

After reading many an article on Almond oil I had to give it a go.

I suffer with dark circles under my eyes and read this miracle oil could put an end to my Uncle Fester peepers. I also have dry hair if i don't use oil on it, I have been using Moroccan oil daily which you don't need me to tell you is an expensive essential to need. Almond oil claims to cure this with just one treatment a week.

Here is a list of some of the endless claims of Almond Oil benefits:

* Hair treatment - heat enough to cover your hair in the microwave till it is WARM not scalding, oil heats very quickly so i would suggest checking every ten seconds to avoid burns.

* dark circles - rub a small amount of oil under your eyes before bed, also good for wrinkles.

Improves complexion and gives a glow 

* Moisturises skin better than chemically adapted creams 

* Soothes skin irritation and inflammation such as eczema and psoriasis, also great for dry skin. You can apply Almond Oil to your whole body. 

* Anti ageing which means it can be applied to the whole face and not just eyes

* Makes it smooth and soft 

* Cures chapped lips and body rashes. I will make a lip scrub using sugar & Almond Oil some day soon (and review it) 

* Moisturises hair and smoothes hair cuticles 

* Makes hair strong and thick and glossy

* Controls hair loss and is good for thin hair and thinning hair.

Sounds too good to be true for something you'll get change from a fiver. 

I bought KTC Almond Oil 


This is inexpensive £2.00 from Tesco for 300 ml!! A lot cheaper than Moroccan oil, £30 for 100ml.

I am about to embark on my first test with Almond Oil. This may be hard to hide from Chris as i need to sit with a warm towel on my head for 40mins whilst the oil penetrates my hair, but he won't know it's on my dark circles or body.  

⏰ Give me an hour & I'll report back ⏰

1 hour later........

I have successfully washed this out my hair, you have to make sure shampoo lathers your full head so apply a little to the nape of your neck and work the underneath of your hair too and the skin where the oil has touched to avoid greasy hair.

The first thing i noticed when applying is it is a lot less drippy than olive oil which I have used a few times as a hot oil treatment, olive oil used to be running down my face and down my back so I'm assuming almond oil absorbs a lot quicker. It also washes out a lot better too, olive oil used to take a good few shampoos to get rid of which really irritated me because I felt like i was using something natural to treat it then putting chemicals on my hair 3 times more than normal to get it out. 
I conditioned after using my normal conditioner.
My hair is still damp but upon touching it i can tell its not greasy but definitely healthier. 

I applied the oil to my legs, arms and body with my hands straight after drying and it absorbed immediately. I haven't even washed it off my hands because there is no greasy residue on them at all.

I applied more to my shins than anywhere on my body as this is my only dry area, having just felt them now i am completely gob smacked. They are extremely silky smooth, not greasy and glowing. 

I don't have shares in this product but i wish I did.

I am hoping this is a great body moisturiser that lasts as i use Clarins extra firming body cream which is £36 from Debenhams. I admit this would take some beating as it is an amazing moisturiser and it smells, feels and looks amazing. You feel moisturised all day, but if it means saving £34 a month with the same results then that would make me smile. Almond oil could save me an extra £28 a month if it works better than Moroccan oil too, in total saving me £64 a month!!! Surely it can't be that good. 

1 comment:

  1. Dr D.M Mahajan is an doctor having 20+ years of experience in the field of Dermatologist and cosmetic surgery. Find out more info for Wrinkles Treatment in Delhi

    ReplyDelete